As we all have heard from Health Officials, Coronavirus COVID-19, causes respiratory illnesses. The sinuses and lungs are usually affected first. Early symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. These will appear as soon as 2 days, or as long as 14 days, after exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
Indoor mold growth can be very dangerous, especially when it is located in your HVAC system’s ductwork, coils, drip pans, and enclosures. This is especially dangerous because when left unchecked and not remediated properly, mold spores can circulate and spread through the air system in your home and affect the air. Mold spore and Mycotoxins will attack your respiratory system, agitate your lungs and make it more difficult to breathe.
While most molds only produce allergenic properties, they can cause minor respiratory problems, cough, sinus problems, there are some molds such as Alternaria, Aspergillusl Penicillium and Stachybotrys that can cause more serious health complications and they will affect primarily the lymph nodes, sinus, and the respiratory organs.
Molds that produce mycotoxins can be extremely harmful. Daily exposure to these kinds of molds can cause even longer or more complicated recovery from Coronavirus. We highly recommend that you seek professional trained Mold Hygienists to help you through these difficult times. It is crucial that with proper and Certified Professional Mold Testing, Air Quality Testing and Comprehensive Inspection of the HVAC System.