Post Remediation Clearance in Irvine, Orange County, CA
Post Remediation Clearance, Why Do They Fail?
Besides health concerns and the dangerous effects of Mold on your immune system, Mold can cause a significant amount of financial loss and property damage.
IICRC Certified Remediation Professionals understand mold and mold growth. They have the highest training, certification, and equipment to remediate the mold in your home or business. Unfortunately, many homeowners and businesses have been victims of false advertisements or lured into FREE Mold Inspection, Mold Testing, or Mold Remediation Clearance in order to be financially scammed to mold remediation by companies that are not properly or at all certified.
- It is against the CODE OF ETHICS and CONFLICT OF INTEREST to offer both Mold Remediation and Post Remediation Clearance or to insist or pressure the consumer to use their preferred mold testing company to conduct the Post Remediation Clearance.
- Noncertified or improperly certified remediation companies do not offer proper and effective remediation. They cut corners for a higher personal profit. They offer a cheaper price and faster turnaround time in order to get your business. The affected area is not contained, dried, and cleaned out properly and that is why they use their own preferred post-remediation clearance testing companies so it can pass the test and provide false results.
- Always remember that an ACAC Certified UNBIASED 3rd Party Mold Testing company should conduct your Clearance.
- It is crucial that you are aware of the accreditation of the laboratory that will be used for your Post Remediation Clearance Testing. Only an AIHA Accredited laboratory should conduct such an analysis. Many Mold Testing companies use a shortcut and use cheap and nonaccredited laboratories. This will result in compromised false results, cross-contamination, and the comeback of mold at a later time.
- Improper mold remediation will result in failed Post Remediation Clearance. This will cost you, the property owner, or the tenant multiple times of expense and it will cross-contaminate your property and the results can be in the tens of thousands of dollars of cleanup and the potential of mold resurfacing at a later time.
- Be aware per IICRC S520 during the mold remediation no antimicrobial, fungicidal coatings, or sealants shall be applied to the affected area. Only after completion of POST REMEDIATION CLEARANCE/VERIFICATION, the remediator might apply such material. Unfortunately, this a common practice upon nonqualified remediation companies, as they try to cover up and hide the mold and finish the job faster to move on to their next project. Any such coatings will hide and prevent the Mold Testing company to visually detect and report the findings.
Be Aware That Certification for General Contractor, Water, Fire or Any Other Remediation, Does Not Qualify the Person or the Company to Conduct Mold Remediation in Irvine, Orange County, CA.
For a list of qualified IICRC Certified Mold Remediation Technician (AMRT) please only use the zip code, radius and the Active Certification drop-down, choose Applied Microbial remediation Technician.
Proper Irvine, Orange County, CA Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Mold Damage Assessment
Since mold feeds on cellulose and water it can be hidden from plain view. The IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT) Professionals will carefully review your Mold Inspection Report and laboratory results provided to you by your Industrial Hygienist/Mold & Environmental Inspector for visible and hidden signs of mold. For proper remediation, they will refer to the Scope of Work that is provided in your Mold Report. Legitimate remediation companies only will start working with a Certified Mold Inspection Report.
Irvine, Orange County, CA Mold Containment
Only IICRC Certified AMRT professionals know how to properly set remediation containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. Failure to properly setting containment will result in cross-contaminating your entire property, as mold spores navigate easily through the air.
Irvine, Orange County, CA Air Filtration
Specialized filtration equipment allows IICRC Certified Professionals to capture microscopic mold spores from the containment. They utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Removal of Mold and Mold-Infested Materials in Irvine, Orange County, CA
Proper removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall, cabinet, flooring, woodwork, and carpeting may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth and it is a crucial part of Mold Remediation. The incorrect disposal of infested material will contaminate other parts of your building. ERMI Test for Contents and Belongings
Your clothing, mattress, curtains, furniture, and other restorable items could be affected by mold. To have peace of mind and making sure that your property is free of mold or that you are not transferring mold to your new property you might consider an ERMI Test.
Some remediation companies are able to offer you the cleaning and sanitizing of your belongings. This method is called HEPA Sandwich and WET WIPING process.
Irvine, Orange County, CA Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, cabinets, woodworks, flooring, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may be a minor or a major repair or reconstruction of the affected area, depending on the level of moisture or water damage. Some remediation companies are also licensed as general contractors and will be able to offer you their service, otherwise, you have to consider hiring a licensed General Contractor.
BE SAFE, MAKE SMART CHOICES.
THERE ARE NO VICTORIES AT BARGAIN PRICES.
- General Dwight D. Eisenhower