Have you ever wondered “how does mold affect people?”
Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes, or skin. Some people, such as those with allergies to molds or with asthma, may have more intense reactions. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.
People with a weakened immune system, such as people receiving treatment for cancer, people who have had an organ or stem cell transplant, and people taking medicines that suppress the immune system, are more likely to get mold infections.
Exposure to mold or dampness may also lead to development of asthma in some individuals. Interventions that improve housing conditions can reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies.
Mold only needs the right amount of moisture and time to grow. Mold can grow in as little as 24 hours. If you have a moisture intrusion or leak in your home it is very important to handle the matter as soon as possible.
If you feel that you may have been exposed to mold in your home call Guaranteed Property and Mold Inspection to have an ACAC board certified mold inspector evaluate your home.