The most common question my clients ask during a comprehensive mold inspection is “is this indoor mold safe”? “Do we have to remove it”? Although we are not physicians and we cannot state whether the presence of mold will have a negative impact on your health, we can state that mold growth should not be present inside of your home.
The facts about mold exposure are symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation. Some people, such as those with serious allergies to molds, may have more severe reactions. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath. Some people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop mold infections in their lungs.
A simple answer to the question is this mold safe? and do we have to remove it? A simple answer is that we believe there should be no presence of mold growth indoors for it can negatively impact the well being of you and your family and the mold should be removed by a ACAC certified mold remediation company, for if mold removal is not completed properly there may be a chance of cross contamination which means that the mold may spread to other areas of the home (all the mold needs is a source of moisture to live).
If you feel that you may have mold present inside of your home please contact Guaranteed Property and Mold Inspections at (949) 230-6800 and a Certified Mold Inspector will assist you in identifying the presence of mold inside your home, help you with a plan of attack to rid the mold from your home and provide you with useful tips to reduce indoor mold levels in the future.